Saturday, February 11, 2012

The Perfect Pokemon and Pokemon Show


Hey I was just watching the first episode of Pokemon today! If anyone asks me, the first season is definitely the best one. Why do I say this? Because after that, the show just continues and renews the story over and over again. A lot of questions arise from the first season that never get answered. Just from watching the first episode, you wonder: "What kind of Pokemon did Gary get? Did Ash and Pikachu really see Ho-oh? Will Ash ever get Misty a new bike?".

I know now because of internet that Gary started with Squirtle. But a lot of other things keep us waiting for those meaningful episodes in later seasons. Though the show is just a big filler to complete the Pokemon experience, I'm probably too clingy to the old good stuff to see the potential of the new.

I had high hopes for Best Wishes and they had made big changes to make it seem more interesting. I felt like Pokemon somehow had got good again. I don't know if it is because of Iris or the writers just went back to how they had done things in the past but I just felt like the uniqueness of it disappeared in just a couple of episodes.

I have not seen all of the seasons so I can't say it's all bad in my point of view. I do hope that Pokemon would remember the older fans by making a more mature show. I think it has all the potential to entertain older fans if the writers etc. would just go the extra mile to make a show for young adults instead of kids starting their school.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, after all this time I always thought he started with an Eevee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot of people believe so because him and Eevee have a special bond, but he does start off with Squirtle even though he is only shown with Blastoise way later. The proof of this is in episode with the Samurai challenger where there's a flashback with Squirtle.

    ReplyDelete