Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Favorite Pokemon



I saw my favorite Pokemon in the beginning of the TV show every time. But it was till later I really got to know it. Well I guess I'd like to refer to it as him, since he is so close to a human in my point of view. I liked the cute Pokemon's but didn't feel like one would stand higher from the rest. Everyone was into Pikachu naturally. I liked a little bit different types of Pokemon.

The first episode from the TV Show that I felt like was close to what I liked was when Ash challenged Sabrina in Saffron City. Since then I have had a great love for Psychic Pokemons. I was fascinated by Psychic powers even before Pokemon so I felt like it was an extend to that. I obviously had to get an Abra in the first Pokemon game that I had.

Without going too much into the first Pokemon movie(I'll leave that to a separate post) I was completely blown away at the time. It was the first time for me to see a Pokemon with personality, acting on its own. I felt what he was feeling. I have been unsatisfied with the direction or purpose of my life from a young age. It has to do with the culture here but anyway not getting into that. So the Pokemon was not only acting on its own but was also more powerful than any Pokemon ever. He was alone in a situation no one had lived before him and he was just there for his creators amusement. Who would not be angry of being born to be someone else's slave?

When I played the actual Blue Version I had further, I decided that I wanted to become a Mewtwo master. Sounds funny, I know but it was something I felt was unique direction in my Pokemon journey. My first Mewtwo in Blue Version was the best I've ever had. I named him Mr.Psychic (I know the least original name that I took from the game) and his HP grew to be more than any other Mewtwo I ever had. I found it fascinating that different Mewtwos in the game grew a little bit differently. Of course this probably goes for every damn Pokemon in the game but since I was only interested in growing powerful Mewtwo's, other Pokemons did not matter.

I had a hard time after Dark Pokemons came since they were so superior to Psychic ones and everyone just fell in love with them. I lost, a lot at the time and felt like my Mewtwo's were not good enough anymore. But I shook that feeling away quickly and decided to follow the path I had chosen for myself. It was not about winning against others anymore.

I spend a couple of summer just being on the computer all day trying to find websites, pictures and information on Mewtwo. I found out that he also was in the short film "The Origin of Mewtwo" and way later "Mewtwo Returns".  It really pisses me off that the last movie really makes it seem like there's going to be another movie in the future... I guess we just have to wait and find out. I really felt like his story was not finished even though Giovanni was not after him anymore. Maybe I should write a fan fic or something! Nowadays all the special powerful last Pokemons are ALWAYS dragons. I'm getting tired of that. I want to see more Mewtwo. Anyone with me?


No comments:

Post a Comment