Saturday, February 11, 2012

First Step

 


Hey everyone! This is my first post about my exciting adventure that I've been on for over 10 years. My first encounter with Pokemon was in the year 1997 when just before Christmas, I saw on a page of a kids toy magazine a picture of Ash, Misty, Brock and Pikachu saying: "You will get to know us soon!"I was thinking to myself "Really? What the heck is this thing anyway? I wonder if I'll ever even see these characters ever again." Little did I know that I would be obsessed by this new fad called Pokemon.

 I was captivated by the TV show and lived my life based on when it aired. Soon there was talk about the games. I could become a trainer myself! My parents were very skeptical about getting a pocket game for a teenage girl. They kept telling me that video games are for boys. It didn't take long for two of my girl friends to get Pokemon Reds so I was able to get my way.

I got a Gameboy Color in Kiwi color and Pokemon Blue Version. The game was amazing. I could choose my own Pokemon, train them and do whatever I wanted on my own journey. What I still find to be one of the key obsessions is the possibility to interact with friends. Of course back then it was through a cord, but it was enough to get everyone in my friends house to get all the kids that were living nearby to sit on  stairs of the hallway and battle nonstop. For a while, that was the biggest reason for kids to get together. It was truly magical. Bigger than anything before.

What Gameboy Color and Pokemon Version did you start off with?

No comments:

Post a Comment